Llanarmon, Gwynedd GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanarmon like this:
LLANARMON, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 4 miles NE by N of Pwllheli, and 12 SW by S of Nantlle r. station. Posttown, Pwllheli. Acres, 3,753. Real property, £2,831. Pop., 556. Houses, 109. Broom Hall is the seat of JL. Jones, Esq. A search for coal, which promised to be successful, was made, in 1862, at Bryn-y-bachan, near Afon-Wen. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Llangybi, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Garmon or Germanns, and was restored in 1863. There are two chapels for Calvinistic Methodists, and one for Wesleyans. (Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72.) For more information see Llanarmon, Caernarvonshire at genuki.org.uk
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 690 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News