Llanbedrog, Gwynedd GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In the 1870s: "LLANBEDROG, or LLANBADRIG, a parish in the district of Pwllheli, Carnarvon; on the E coast of the Lleyn peninsula, near St. Tudwall's bay, 4½ miles SW of Pwllheli, and 20¼ SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 2,548; of which 387 are water. Real property, £2,642. Pop., 469. Houses, 108. The property is not much divided. Wern-Vawr is a chief residence. Much of the land is rocky and waste. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Llanfihangel-Bachelleth and Llangian, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £385.* Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Petroc, and was recently in disrepair." [John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)]
For more information on Llanbedrog see: Genuki - Llanbedrog
|before 31 March 1974||Caernarfonshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Gwynedd|
|from 1 April 1996||Gwynedd|
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 538 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News