Llanboidy, Carmarthenshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANBOIDY (LLAN-BEADY), a parish, in the union of NARBERTH, lower division of the hundred of DERLLYS, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 6 1/2 miles (N.W. by W.) from St. Clear's; comprising the Upper and Lower divisions. This parish, situated on the turn-pike road leading from Narberth to St. Clear's and Newcastle-Emlyn, extends nearly nine miles from north to south, and five in a transverse direction, and contains, in rich meadow and arable land, 10,666 a, 3 r. 7 p. The parish contains iron-ore, which is found in considerable quantity; and the springs in the various parts of it are strongly impregnated with that mineral. A fair is held annually in the village on September 18th. In the hamlet of Regwm, in the parish, is a chapel dedicated to St. David. There are two places of worship for Independents.
For more information see Llanboidy, Carmarthenshire at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464309.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:30.
- This page has been accessed 558 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News