Llanddona, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANDDONA (LLAN-DDONA), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Beaumaris. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Dona, who flourished in the seventh or eighth century; and is situated in the eastern part of the Isle of Anglesey. The church is situated on the shore of Red Wharf bay, in a sequestered nook overhung by high hills; and, though of small dimensions, comprises a nave, chancel, transepts, and a chapel on the southern side of the nave; thus including some parts which are usually to be found only in more important churches. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANDDONA, a parish in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 3 miles N.W. of Beaumaris, its post town. 7 from Bangor, and 7 N.E. of Llangefni. It is situated on the eastern side of Red-Wharfs, Bay. For more information see Llanddona, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 367 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News