Llanddowror, Carmarthenshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANDOWROR, a parish, in the higher division of the hundred of DERLLYS, union and county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 2 miles (W.S.W.) from St. Clear's, on the road from Carmarthen to Haverfordwest. The lands are partly inclosed and cultivated, and a considerable portion is covered with underwood; the surrounding scenery is pleasing. Within the limits of the parish is one of the finest quarries in the county, producing stone of excellent quality for building, and the working of which affords employment to such of the labouring inhabitants as are not engaged in agriculture. A new line of road, constructed to avoid the steep ascent of Llandowror hill to Tavarn 'Spytty, on the border of Pembrokeshire, was completed in 1830, and extends from the village of Llandowror, until it joins the road to Milford, considerably south of the former. The church is dedicated to St. Cringat. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
For more information see Llanddowror, Carmarthenshire at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464309.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:30.
- This page has been accessed 619 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News