Llandyfalle, Breconshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANDEVALLEY, a parish, in the hundred of Tàlgarth, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 7 miles (N. E.) from Brecknock. The village is pleasantly situated about a mile to the north-west of the turnpike-road leading from London to Brecknock, through Hay. The church, dedicated, according to some accounts, to St. Teilaw, and according to others to St. Matthew, is an ancient structure, with a tower at the western end, containing five bells, and was formerly one of the finest churches in the county. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists.
Also spelled Llandefalley, Llandefalle. NORTH AND SOUTH LLANDEFALLEY, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Glasbury. The parish forms two divisions, known as North and South Llandefalley. The village, which is considerable, is situated a little to the S.W. of the river Wye. For furhter information seeLlandyfalle, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464301.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:27.
- This page has been accessed 563 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News