Llandyfrydog, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANDYVRYDOG (LLAN-DYFRYDOG), a parish, in the hundred of Twrcelyn, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles distant (N. E.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church. The church is dedicated to St. Tyvrydog (a great-grandson of Cunedda Wledig), by whom it was originally founded, about the year 450; and is a lofty and venerable structure, in excellent repair, sixty feet in length, and twenty-five in breadth, with a remarkably large chancel. The church of Llanvihangel-Tre'rBeirdd is distant about two miles. There are places of worship for Baptists and Calvinistic Methodists, to the former of which a burial-ground is attached.
LLANDYFRYDOG, a parish in the hundred of Twrcelyn, county Anglesey, 1 mile N.E. of Llanerchymedd, its post town, and 5 from Amlwch. It is situated on the river Dulas. For more information see Llandyfrydog, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 499 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News