Llaneilian, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANEILIAN (LLAN-EILIAN), a parish, in the hundred of Twrcelyn, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 2 miles (E.) from Amlwch. This parish is of considerable antiquity, and early in the fifth century was the residence of Caswallon Law-Hîr, Prince of North Wales. The church, dedicated to St. Eilian, is an elegant structure, partly in the early and partly in the decorated style of English architecture, with a tower surmounted by a spire. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists, with a Sunday school held in it.
LLANEILIAN, a parish in the hundred of Twrcelyn, county Anglesey, 2 miles E. of Amlwch, its post town, and 6 N.E. Llanerchymedd. It is situated on the north-eastern .part of the coast, the village being about three-quarters of a mile from Lynas Point, where there is a lighthouse and telegraph station, which, previous to the introduction of electric wires, communicated by semaphore with Holyhead and Puffin Island. The parish includes the township of Rhosbeirio. For more information, seeLlaneilian, Angelsey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 622 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News