Llanerchayron, CeredigionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Llanerchaeron, known as "Llanayron House" to its nineteenth-century occupants, is a mansion on the River Aeron, designed and built in 1795 by John Nash for Major (later Colonel) William Lewis as a model, self-sufficient farm complex located near Ciliau Aeron, some 2½ miles south-east of Aberaeron, Ceredigion, Wales. There is evidence that the house replaced an earlier mansion. The estate is now in the care of the National Trust.
1] Anglicised spelling from the Welsh "Llannerch Aeron" as used in 19th-century public records. Many variant spellings of this place name have been used.
2] Mair Lloyd Evans St Non Church Llannerch Aeron in the Diocese of St David, official 12-page booklet, c. 2008
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 22:06.
- This page has been accessed 381 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News