Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANVAIR-YNGHORNWY (LLAN-FAIR-YN-NGHORNWY), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, in North Wales, 8 miles (N. W.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish, which is of small extent, is situated at the northwestern extremity of Anglesey, near Cemlyn bay, and almost directly opposite to the Isle of Skerries; the name in Welsh implying "Saint Mary's in the promontory." The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a spacious structure, partly in the Norman style, with a lofty square tower of rude architecture at the west end. There are one or two places of worship for dissenters, and two Sunday schools, one of which is in connexion with the Established Church, and the other supported by the Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFAIRYNGHORNWY, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 7 miles N.W. of Llanerchymedd, and 8 N.E. of Holyhead. For more information see Llanfairynghornwy at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464297.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 523 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News