Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll, AngleseyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANFAIR PWLLGWYNGYLL, a parish in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 5 miles S.W. of Beaumaris, and 3 from Bangor, its post town. It is situated on the western coast of Menai Strait, in the vicinity of the eddy known as the Swelly Rocks whirlpool. The latter half of the name of this place signifies the "raging pool." The village is situated on the turnpike road near the line of the Holyhead railway, which has 4 station here. For more information see Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 23 January 2013, at 02:22.
- This page has been accessed 109 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More