Llanffinan, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANFINNAN (LLAN-FFINAN), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Menai, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 6 miles (W.) from Beaumaris. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Finnan, by whom the building was originally founded in the early part of the seventh century. The church was rebuilt, and opened for divine service on the 6th of July, 1841, and is a plain structure in the old English style, with strong buttresses, which have a good effect, being so well suited to the exposed situation of the building.
LLANFFINAN, a parish in the hundred of Menai, county Anglesey, 2 miles E. of Llangefni, 2 from the Llanfair station on the Crew and Chester section of the North-Western railway, and 7 from Bangor, its post town. For more information seeLlanffinan, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 424 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News