Llandre, CeredigionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Llandre or Llanfihangel Genau'r Glyn, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
Llandre, formerly know as Llanfihangel Genau'r Glyn, is a village and ecclesiastical parish in Ceredigion, Wales.
LLANVIHANGEL GENEU'R GLYN (LLAN-VI-HANGEL-GENAU-Y-GLYN), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of GENEU'R GLYN, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 5 miles (N.E.) from Aberystwith, comprising the townships of Ceulan and Maesmawr, Cyvoeth y Brenhin, Cynnullmawr, Hênllys ,Scybor y Coed, and Tîrmynych. This parish, which is situated on the shore of St.George's channel, is of considerable extent, and is watered by the rivers Lery, Ceulan , Maesmawr, Llyvnant, and Dyvi: the greater part of it is hilly, but that portion which is near the coast is rather flat. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a spacious cruciform structure, in the later style of English architecture, and both it and the churchyard are particularly admired on account of their secluded and rural aspect. There are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
For more information see Llanfihangel Genau'r Glyn at Genuki
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464302. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llanfihangel Genau'r Glyn at Vision of Britain
- This page was last modified on 21 January 2014, at 17:04.
- This page has been accessed 478 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More