Llanfihangel y Pennant, GwyneddEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Y Pennant like this:
LLANFIHANGEL-Y-PENNANT, a parish, with a village, in the district of Festiniog, and county of Carnarvon; under Moel-Hebog, adjacent to the Carnarvons hire railway, 4 miles NW by N of Tremadoc. It includes the hamlet of Cenin; and its Post town is Tremadoc, under Carnarvon. Acres, 8,844. Real property, £1,736; of which £100 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851, 665; in 1861,753. Houses, 141. Brynkir is a chief residence. Moel-Hebog has an altitude of 2,584 feet. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £127. Patron, the Bishop of Bangor. Charities, £3. For more information on Llanfihangel y Pennant see: Genuki - Llanfihangel y Pennant
|before 31 March 1974||Merionethshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Gwynedd|
|from 1 April 1996||Gwynedd|
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2013, at 16:17.
- This page has been accessed 162 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on our new look!Give Feedback