Llangamarch, BreconshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANGAMMARCH (LLAN-GAM-MARCH), a parish, in the union and hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 9 miles (W. S. W.) from Builth, on the road to Llandovery; comprising the townships of Penbyallt and Trêvllŷs. The western and southern parts of this parish are mountainous, and in some places the soil is boggy; but the country adjacent is far from being unproductive. The church, dedicated to St. Cammarch, is situated on a projecting rock between the rivers Irvon and Cammarch, and consists only of a nave and chancel. The Calvinistic Methodists have two places of worship.
LLANGAMMARCH, (or Llwyncadwgan), a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 7 miles S.W. of Builth, its post town, and 13 N.W. of Brecknock: It is a small village, situated at the confluence of the rivers Gammarch and Irfon. The parish includes the hamlets of Penbuallt and Treflis. For more information see Llangamarch, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 28 January 2014, at 21:11.
- This page has been accessed 159 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback