Llanganten, Breconshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANGANTEN (LLAN-GANTEN), a parish, in the union and hundred of Builth, county of Brecknock, South Wales, 2 miles (W.) from Builth. The parish is situated on the high road leading from Builth to Llangammarch and Llandovery; it is bounded on the south by the river Irvon, which divides it from the parish of Llanynis, and on the north by the Whevri. The church is dedicated, according to some authorities, to St. Catherine, and to others, to St. Canten, from which latter saint the parish is supposed to derive its name. It is a small edifice, situated in a narrow dell near the south bank of the river Whevri. There is a congregation of Independents, in whose meeting-house a Sunday school is also held..
LLANGANTEN, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 2 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town, and 3 N.E. of Llangammarch. It is situated on the bank of the Chweffru, which falls into the Yrfon, a tributary of the Wye. For more information see Llanganten, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464299.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:27.
- This page has been accessed 550 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News