Llangernyw, ConwyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"LLANGERNIEW (LLAN-GERNIEW), a parish partly in the hundred of Isaled, and partly in that of Isdulas, county of Denbigh, 8 miles (W. by N.) from Denbigh, containing 1036 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the banks of the river Elwy, and comprises a large portion of one of the most rugged and mountainous parts of the county. ..... That part of the parish which is in the hundred of Isaled comprises the Upper and Lower Divisions, and that which is in the hundred of Isdulas forms the township of Marchaled... The church, dedicated to St. Digain, is a large edifice in excellent repair... There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists." [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]
For more information on Llangernyw see:
- Llangernyw at Genuki
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Conwy|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464320.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llangernyw at Vision of Britain
- LlangernywParish Church at Clwyd FHS
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:17.
- This page has been accessed 978 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News