Llangwyryfon, CeredigionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Llangwyryfon, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
LLANGWYRYVON, or LLANGRWYDDON, (LLAN Y GWYRYDDON), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of ILAR, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 8 miles (S. by E.) from Aberystwith. The name of this place signifies " the church of the Virgins," and is derived from the dedication of its church to St.Ursula, and the eleven thousand virgins. The parish is situated on the southern bank of the Wyrai river, and comprises a considerable tract of enclosed and well-cultivated land, with a large portion of open and elevated common. There are places of worship for dissenters, and some Sunday schools.
For more information on Llangwyryfon see: Genuki - Llangwyryfon
|before 31 March 1974||Cardiganshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Ceredigion|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:16.
- This page has been accessed 980 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News