Llangyndeyrn, CarmarthenshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Llangyndeyrn, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
The community also includes the cillages of Carwe, Meinciau, Pum Heol, Crwbin and Pontantwn, and part of Pontyates.
The redundant spelling of Llangendeirne can be see in some older documents.
LLANGENDEIRN (LLAN-GYNDEYRN), a parish, in the hundred of KIDWELLY, union and county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 5 miles (S.E.) from Carmarthen, on the road through Llannon to Swansea. The lands are, with the exception of a very small portion, inclosed and in a good state of cultivation; and the substratum of the soil consists of various valuable minerals, chiefly, coal, iron, and limestone, the procuring of which affords employment to many of the inhabitants. The church, dedicated to St. Cyndeyrn, is a spacious and plain edifice; and the churchyard is one of the finest and most agreeably situated in the country. There are two places of worship for Independents, two for Baptists, and one for Calvinistic Methodists, and one for Wesleyans.
For more information on Llangyndeyrn see Llangyndeyrn at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464311. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llangyndeyrn at Vision of Britain.
- This page was last modified on 15 January 2014, at 23:14.
- This page has been accessed 301 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More