Llanllwni, CarmenthenshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Llanllwni, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
LLANLLWYNY (LLAN-LLAWNWY), a parish, in the union of LAMPETER, higher division of the hundred of CATHINOG, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 9 miles (S.W.) from Lampter. It is pleasantly situated on the southern bank of the Teivy, by which it is separated from the county of Cardigan, and is intersected by the turnpike-road from Carmarthen to Lampeter; the land is inclosed and in a good state of cultivation, and the soil in most parts fertile; the surrounding scenery is pleasantly diversified, and the distant views extend over a country abounding with picturesque beauty. The church is romantically situated on a rocky eminence, commanding a fine view, and overlooking the river Teivy, which flows at its base. There is a place of worship for Independents.
For more information on Llanllwni see Llanllwni at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464307. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llanllwni at Vision of Britain.
- This page was last modified on 15 January 2014, at 23:55.
- This page has been accessed 227 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More