Llanrhos, ConwyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
In the 1870s: "EGLWYS-RHOS, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the Llandudno railway, within the Ormes-Head peninsula, 2¼ miles NNE of Conway. Post town, Conway. Acres, 3, 735; of which 630 are water. Rated property, £2, 856. Pop., 832. Houses, 172. The property is divided among a few. Diganwy Castle here was an ancient seat of the Welsh princes. Lead and copper ores occur. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £167. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church stands in a beautiful situation; is ancient, cruciform, and good; and contains monuments of the Mostyns. Charities, £22." [Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72]
For more information on Llanrhos see Genuki - Llanrhos
|before 31 March 1974||Caernarfonshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Conwy|
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:15.
- This page has been accessed 620 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News