Llansadwrn, Anglesey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANSADWRN (LLAN-SADWRN), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (W.) from Beaumaris. This parish is situated in the eastern part of the county, within four miles of the Menai suspension bridge, and on the road from Llangevni to Beaumaris. The church, dedicated to St. Sadwrn, from which circumstance the parish derives its name, is a small but neat edifice, consisting of a nave, chancel, and north transept, and was thoroughly repaired at a considerable expense in 1829. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANSADWRN, a parish in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 2 miles W. of Beaumaris, and 4 E. of Llangefni. Bangor is its post town. The village, which is small, is situated at a short distance from the coast, about 4 miles from the Menai Bridge. For more information see Llansadwrn, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464298.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 443 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News