Llanvillo, Breconshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
LLANVILLO (LLAN-FILO), a parish, in the hundred of Pencelly, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 7 miles (N. E. by E.) from Brecknock. It derives its name from the dedication of its church to Milburg, called by the Welsh Milo, an eminent female saint of the seventh century, who was daughter of Merwald, King of Mercia, and abbess of Wenlock in the county of Salop. The village is situated within a mile of the turnpike-road from Hay to Brecknock, and at a short distance from a small stream, over which is a bridge named Pont Vâch. The church, situated in the centre of the village, is an ancient structure, much disfigured by successive alterations, but of late years thoroughly repaired.
Also spelled Llanfilo or Llanfillo. LLANVILLO, (or Llanfilo), a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 3 miles W. of Talgarth, and 5 N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Wye. For more information see Llanfilo, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464300.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 4 February 2015, at 18:27.
- This page has been accessed 847 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News