Llanwrda, CarmarthenshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Llanwrda, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
LLANWRDA (LLAN-WRDA), a parish, comprising the Upper and Lower divisions, in the union of LLANDOVERY, higher division of the hundred of CAYO, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 3½ miles, by the suspension bridge over the river Towy, (W. by S.) from Llandovery. This parish, which is intersected by the turn-pike road from Llandilo to Llandovery and Lampeter, is beautifully situated in a pleasing and retired vale, watered by a fine stream that joins the Towy immediately contiguous, and surrounded by lofty hills richly clothed with wood: it comprises 4441 acres of land, all inclosed. A small manufacture of coarse woollen cloth is carried on within its limits. The church is dedicated to St. Cawrdav. There is a place of worship for Independents.
For more information on Llanwrda see Llanwrda at Genuki.
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464308. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- Llanwrda at Vision of Britain.
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2014, at 16:33.
- This page has been accessed 220 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More