Logan Utah FamilySearch Library/ServicesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|50 North Main|
|Mon: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
Tue-Thurs: 9:30 am – 9 pm
Fri - Sat: 9:30 am – 5 pm
Tours & Group Activities
Online Film Ordering
Location and map:
- 50 N. Main St., PO Box 3397, Logan, UT 84323-3397, United States
- Mon: 9:30am-5pm
- Tue: 9:30am-9pm
- Wed: 9:30am-9pm
- Thur: 9:30am-9pm
- Fri: 9:30am-5pm
- Sat: 9:30am-5pm
Quarterly Training Meetings
- Stake and Ward Priesthood Leaders with Family History Responsibility
- Family History Consultants
- Staff serving at Family History Centers
- Anyone interested in learning more about family history
- Held on each 5th Wednesday at the Logan Utah Tabernacle
- 2015 dates: Jan 28, Apr 29, Jul 29, Oct 28
- 6:30 - 7:20 Orientation for newly called leaders and consultants
- 7:30 - 8:30 General Session.
Depending on the instructor and the nature of the instruction, information may be posted for your review following the meetings.
Staff Training Meetings
- Held at the Tabernacle on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m.
- We invite staff members from other family history centers
- Anyone interested in learning more about family history is certainly welcome to join us.
Staff Research Specialists
Non-Staff Research Specialists
Weekly Email Newsletter
- Current event announcements
- Suggestions for Family History research
- Family History Internet Site Suggestions
- Submit family name Query
- Classes being taught
You can also view past issues.
Sometimes we need to get information to our staff and patrons more timely than our weekly newsletter. Our Blog allows us to make announcements, suggestions, tips, etc. available as needed.
Video History - Record Your Personal History on a DVD
What is a Video History?
- A Video History (as recorded at the Logan FamilySearch Library), is a DVD record of a person’s life experiences. The depth and detail of each History is determined by the person being recorded and the individual who is assisting by raising questions, providing support and encouragement and gently guiding the interview with a pre-determined list of questions.
Why create an Video History?
- Cicero, a Roman statesman who lived over 2000 years ago said “Not to know what happened before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of the human soul unless it is woven into the lives of his ancestors?” Creating your personal history is a way of creating bonds between you and your descendants so that their lives can be woven into and connected to yours.
- There are many reasons for creating a Video History. The primary reason that the accoustal Video History Room at our Library was set up is to provide people an opportunity to share, on a DVD, some of their personal history with living relatives and their descendants.
Types of Video Histories.
- A Video History may consist of a single session, or multiple sessions. They may be recorded at the Logan FamilySearch Library utilizing our staff and equipment. Or, they may be recorded at home or in the outdoors using your own family's equipment and technical expertise. A staff member at the Logan FamilySearch Library will be happy to discuss with you some of the options that are available.
Creating a Video History at our Logan FamilySearch Library
- We anticipate that most of the beginning Video Histories will last approximately one hour after which time the staff member who is helping you will transfer your recording to a DVD for you to keep, copy and share with other family members.
- No charge to record and transfer your Video History to a DVD.
Call the Library at (435-755-5594) to schedule a time.
Review these basic instructions to help you prepare.
Links to additional websites with Oral/Video History Questionaires:
- This page was last modified on 18 January 2016, at 16:18.
- This page has been accessed 7,104 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News