LoiretEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Loiret, France ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
As of this writing, in 2014, Loiret is far along in the process of putting its archived vital records online. When complete, they will no longer mail out records. The archives also has a separate website from the rest of the département:
As of 2014, the most effective way to search the archives is to go to that link.
- Click a link called "États civil numérisé."
- Click a link called "vers l'état civil en ligne."
- On the next page a lavendar search box opens up. In the text box next to "Lieux" type the name of the commune where the event you are researching took place.
- That should give you all the vital records the Département has digitized in that commune.
Cantons within the Arrondissement of Montargis
Cantons within the Arrondissement of Orléans
- La Ferté-Saint-Aubin
- Orléans-La Source
Cantons within the Arrondissement of Pithiviers
All parish and civil records from before 1832 held by the Archives Départmentales were burned in the bombing of Orléans in 1940. The only existing copies are the ones held in the communes. The Départment is scanning them and will gradually make them available online, completing this task in 2016.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
|This France-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- This page was last modified on 26 February 2015, at 20:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,051 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More