London Probate Jurisdictions Parishes St T-ZEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Before 1858, every parish was under the probate jurisdiction of a primary court and several secondary courts. Here's an alphabetical list of London City parishes and the probate courts that had jurisdiction over them for the parishes St T-Z. Click on the link for the letter that a parish name begins with.
|A-F||G-R||St A-C||St D-H||St I-S||St T-Z|
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
|PARISH||PRIMARY COURT||SECONDARY COURTS - IN SEARCH ORDER|
|St Thomas in the Liberty of the Rolls||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (London Division)||2 - Court of the Bishop of London (Episcopal Consistory)|
|St Vedast Foster Lane with St Michael-le-Querne||Court of the Deanery of the Arches of London, Croydon, Shoreham (Peculiar of the Archbishop of Canterbury); Court of the Archdeaconry of London||2 - Court of the Bishop of London (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Staple Inn||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes||.|
|Temple, The||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes||.|
|Thavie's Inn||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes||.|
|Tower of London||Royal Peculiar Court of St Katherine's by the Tower||2 - Search the courts of the surrounding parishes|
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:34.
- This page has been accessed 598 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More