London SchoolsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Webb, Cliff. An Index of London Schools and Their Records. London: Society of Genealogists, c2007. FHL Book 942.1/L1 J23w 2007
- Brooks, Brian G.C. and Mark D. Herber. My Ancestor was a Lawyer. London: Society of Genealogists, c2006. FHL Book 942 D27bbg.
Inns of Court
Lawyers from all over England and Wales were trained at London's four inns of court.
- Main article: Lawyers in England and Wales
See also Staple Inn.
See also Thavie's Inn.
- Sturgess, H.A.C. Register of Admissions to the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (from the Fifteenth Century to 1944). 3 vols. Butterworth & Co., 1949.
University of London
- Inns of Court ca. 1676 (The University of West Ontario)
- ↑ Joseph Foster, The Register of Admissions to Gray's Inn, 1521-1889, Together with the Register of Marriages in Gray's Inn Chapel, 1695-1754 (London: The Hansard Publishing Union, Limited, 1889). Digitized by Google Books.
- ↑ The Inner Temple Database.
- ↑ The Records of the Honorable Society of Lincoln's Inn. Vol. I. Admissions from A.D. 1420 to A.D. 1799 (Lincoln's Inn, 1896). Digitized by Google Books.
- ↑ Charles Henry Hopwood, Middle Temple Records (London: Butterworth and Co., 1904). Digitized by Google Books.
- This page was last modified on 3 April 2012, at 07:21.
- This page has been accessed 1,095 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More