Longview Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1700 Blue Ridge Parkway Longview TX 75605 United States
- Entrance to the FHC is around the back of the building.
- Look for a double door with "Family History Center Hours" posted on it.
- Push the button to the left of the door to speak with a FHC staff member, and we will come to the door for you.
- Tuesday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Spanish 2nd and 4th Tuesday
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Our physical book collection specializes in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Four (4) desktop computers with Internet access to the FHC Portal and premium websites
- Three (3) printers ($.10/page)
- Desktop scanner
- Microfilm (reel) viewer
- Microfiche viewer and microfiche viewer/printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 12 September 2014, at 16:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,161 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News