Lower AustriaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Austria Lower Austria
Lower Austria (in German, Niederösterreich) is a federal province or state of the Rupublic of Austria. It is the most northeastern and second most populous state of Austria with its state capital at St Pölten (since 1986; previously, Vienna).
Lower Austria is divided four regions, known as Viertel (quarters):
- Weinviertel (lit. wine quarter) the lowlands below the Manhartsberg ridge;
- Waldviertel (lit. forest quarter) the Bohemian plateau above the Manhartsberg ridge;
- Mostviertel (lit. must quarter) which lies above the Vienna Woods; and
- Industrieviertel (lit. industrial quarter) which lies below the Vienna Woods.
- Lower Austria Government Portal (in German) with some topics in English.
- LowerAustriaGenWeb a collection of links to various Lower Austrian family history related sites. Includes a list of Catholic Parishes with links to the official websites.
- Southern Waldviertel Family History Project
Notes and References
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2013, at 17:19.
- This page has been accessed 425 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback