Lowry Battery, Virginia Light Artillery (Centreville Rifles)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lowry's Battery [also called Centerville Rifles] was organized in June 1861, with men from Prince William County. This unit served in western Virginia and in December 1862, contained 3 officers and 72 men. Attached to J. F. King's Battalion, it later was involved in the Knoxville Campaign, then returned to Virginia. The battery participated in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley and disbanded early in 1865. Captain William M. Lowry was in command.
- This page was last modified on 4 April 2011, at 16:40.
- This page has been accessed 383 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News