Ludington Michigan Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Ludington Family Historty Center is located on the lower level of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 416 Melendy Street (at Emily). It offers computers for patron use, access to premium wesites such as Ancestry.com and WorldVitalRecords.com in addition to free access to desktop geneology software. The center also has full access to the 2.6 million microfilms available from the Salt Lake Family History Library containing many unique records. Geneaology workers are available to help you in your ancestoral search.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 416 E Melendy St Ludington MI 49431-2342 United States
- Enter through the East door off Emily.
Closed on all Holidays: We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
April 3, 2013 - Open for summer season
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. You can order from home using www.familysearch.org and the film will be delivered to the center for your viewing.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 17:55.
- This page has been accessed 985 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More