Lynnhaven Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Eastern Shore Chapel fell within the bounds of Lynnhaven Parish.
In 1985, surveys of graves at Old Donation Church FHL Book 975.551 V3g (pages 1-8), Eastern Shore Chapel (pages 9-83), and Emmanuel Church (pages 161-164) were published.
- Mason, George Carrington. "The Colonial Churches of Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 18, No. 3 (Jul. 1938):270-285. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR - free.
- Perrine, Bob. "Old Donation History," available online.
James compiled a list of Lynnhaven's ministers and vestrymen:
- James, Edward W. "Ministers and Vestrymen, Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, 1723-1804," The Lower Norfolk County, Virginia Antiquary, Vol. 5, Part 1 (1904):28-31. Digitized by Google Books - free.
Colonial parish registers have been lost, but the vestry book survives and has been published:
- Mason, George Carrington. The Colonial Vestry Book of Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia, 1723-1786. Newport News, Va.: the author, 1949. Digital version at Internet Archive - free; FHL Book 975.551 K2m.
Marriages solemnized by the Anglican minister of Lynnhaven Parish have been preserved:
- 1788-1814 - James, Edward W. "A List of Marriages Solemnized by the Revd Anthony Walke [Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County]," The Lower Norfolk County, Virginia Antiquary, 1788-1796: Vol. 2, Part 1 (1897):17-24; 1797-1814: Vol. 2, Part 2 (1897):50-55. Digitized by Internet Archive - free.
Nineteenth- and early-twentieth-century parish registers have been published:
- Walter, Alice Granbery. Lynnhaven Parish Register, 1838-1913, Princess Anne County, Virginia. Virginia Beach, Va.: A.G. Walter, 1986. FHL Book 975.551 K2L.
- Old Donation Episcopal Church (official website)
- Church Point Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Old Donation Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Edward W. James, "Eastern Shore Chapel, Princess Anne County, 1754," The Lower Norfolk County, Virginia Antiquary, Vol. 5, Part 3 (1905):124-126. Digital version at Google Books - free.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 264-285.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 05:18.
- This page has been accessed 6,759 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More