Macedonia Civil RegistrationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Macedonia Page►
- Ottoman population registers functioned in the role of civil registration 1831-1913 when Macedonia became part of Serbia.
- Males were counted before 1881 but everyone thereafter noting sex; birth date; residence; age; religion; craft or occupation; marital status, marriage date; health; military status. Some registers may be located in state and provincial archives, while most are probably at the Ottoman Archives in Istanbul, Turkey.
- There was no modern civil registration until the communist takeover in 1946.
- This page was last modified on 6 October 2010, at 21:24.
- This page has been accessed 786 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More