Makakilo Hawaii Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- 92-900 Makakilo Dr Kapolei HI 96707 United States
- Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday: By appointment only and upon availability of staff. Leave a message on FHC phone for time & date of appointment.
Holiday Schedule: All Federal Holidays Closed
Closed last 2 weeks of December: Closed 1st weekend in April & October for General Conference The Family History Center is staffed by volunteers. The Center hours may be subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Calendar and Events
1) Workshop Wednesdays - 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of each month. No classes in November or December
2) YSA Tuesdays - Every Tuesday at Sister Leila Moa's home 7:00pm - 9:00pm. May bring a snack to share. (ages 18-30 yrs. old)
Staff Training Meetings: 4th Sundays of scheduled months - 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 24 March 2015, at 19:17.
- This page has been accessed 813 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News