Manchester Archives and Local StudiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Manchester Archives and Local Studies incorporates the Greater Manchester County Record Office (GMCRO).
The service was established in 1976 by the former Greater Manchester County Council and, since 1983, has been based in a textile warehouse in Marshall Street.
Greater Manchester County Record Office 56 Marshall Street New Cross Manchester M4 5FU England
Microfilm/microfiche, computer and local studies collections are available at: The Manchester Room@City Library, Elliot House, 151 Deansgate (at the junction of Lloyd Street ), Manchester M3 3WD England
Tel: 0161 234 1979
- Books, Newspapers and Periodicals
- Businesses records, including the Manchester Ship Canal Company, the Rochdale Canal Company and Quarry Bank Mill
- Cemetery, Probate and Coroners Registers
- Commonwealth Games Legacy and Archive
- Church Registers for churches within the Diocese of Manchester
- Court and Prison Records
- Electoral Registers, Rate Books and Land Tax
- Estate Collections, including Legh of Lyme Hall, the Egerton family (Earls of Wilton) and the Assheton Collection
- Ethnic Minorities
- Families and Societies
- Hospital Records, including Prestwich Asylum
- Maps, Directories and Phone Books
- Methodist Records
- Photographs and Illustrations
- Political and Trade Union Records
- Poor Law and Workhouse Records
- School Records
|Location||Marshall Street||Elliot House|
|Saturday (2nd & 4th)||9:00am-5:00pm||9:00am-5:00pm|
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2012, at 15:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,206 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback