Mansfield Ohio Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Mansfield Ohio Family History Center! We are here to serve you on Wednesday evenings, and plan on opening more hours shortly.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1951 Middle Bellville Rd Mansfield, OH 44904-1656 United States
- Kerry Peter Lauritzen - 419-543-1492
- Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG - 419-543-1087
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
During the winter months, we are closed when Mansfield City Schools are closed.
Closed the last two weeks of December through the first week in January.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
22 Nov 2014 - Columbus Ohio North Stake Family History Day - 1:00 - 4:00 pm
The purpose of the activity is to provide hands on workshops and individual help with Family History and Indexing for the whole family.
Workshops will be:
Indexing – Sister Granger in the Family History Center
Getting Started – Brother Pease will ask Sister Lauritzen
Temple Submission – Theresa Parsons
Finding your Family – Brother Granger
Youth - Finding Your Cousins and the Temple Challenge – Sister Rappleye
Young Men – Genealogy Merit Badge – Brother Nunez
Photo and Document Scanning – Brother Pease will ask Sister Foregraves and Brother Chambers
Family History Activities for children – Sister Simmons
Nursery – Sister Simmons
Family Search Registration – Brother Parsons will be available to provide membership numbers and assist with registration
Roots Tech videos – https://www.lds.org/topics/family-history/host-a-family-history-fair/admin/video-links?lang=eng#video=
American Ancestors: www.americanancestors.org/online-seminars/
- Ancestral Quest: www.ancquest.com/AQTutorials.htm
- Ancestry.com: www.ancestry.com/cs/HelpAndAdviceUS
- BYU Center for Family History and Genealogy: familyhistory.byu.edu/Pages/Home.aspx
- FamilySearch Learning Center: familysearch.org/learningcenter/home.html
- FamilySearch Wiki: familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Main_Page
- Granite Genealogy: granitegenealogytraining.blogspot.com/
- LDS Family History Callings: www.lds.org/callings/temple-and-family-history
- LDS Youth and Family History: www.lds.org/youth/family-history/discover
- Legacy Family Tree: www.legacyfamilytree.com/Training.asp
- RootsMagic: www.rootsmagic.com/Webinars/
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Also included are full versions of:
- Ancestral Quest
- Charting Companion
- Legacy Family Tree
- Personal Historian
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers with access to the Family History Center Portal
- One printer/scanner, with the capability to upload scanned photos and documents directly into FamilySearch Family Tree.
- Four microfilm readers.
- One microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Director Kerry Lauritzen is quite familiar with both American and world history.
Assistant Director Peggy Lauritzen is an Accredited Genealogist specializing in the mid-South.
Resources in the Local Area
The Ohio Genealogical Society is located just minutes from the Mansfield Ohio Family History Center. Their hours are Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00am - 5:00 pm. There is a charge for admittance, and is a premier facility for anyone researching their Ohio ancestry.
The Mansfield-Richland County Public Library is located in downtown Mansfield, approximately 15 minutes from the Mansfield Ohio Family History Center. The Sherman Room on the second floor is a local history room, and is a must for anyone with Richland County, Ohio ancestry.
Mansfield, Ohio Family History Center on Facebook: Friends of the Mansfield, Ohio Family History Center
The Ohio Genealogical Society: www.ogs.org
Mansfield-Richland County Public Library: www.mrcpl.org
The Ohio Historical Society, now named The Ohio History Connection: [[|]]Www.ohiohistory.org
The State Library of Ohio: www.library.ohio.gov
Palatines to America: www.palam.org
Richland County Genealogical Society (part of OGS): www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohrichgs/
Western Reserve Historical Society: www.wrhs.org
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 November 2015, at 03:43.
- This page has been accessed 1,859 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News