Marietta Georgia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We welcome you to the Marietta Georgia Family History Center. We are here to help our patrons discover their ancestors and provide training for those interested in learning more about how to create their family trees. We have 6 workstations available with wireless print capabilities using I-pad, I-Phone, and android devices.
We also provide weekly Classes on Wednesday Evenings from 7 - 9pm for those who may want to learn more about doing Family History research.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3195 Trickum Rd Marietta GA 30066 United States
- Wednesday:7:00pm-9:00pm by appointment only
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Video Family history Classes, Every Wednesday Evening from 7 - 9pm , Topics change each week, everyone welcome to attend. Questions and answers after each class.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: We have 4 Microfilm readers and two Micro-Fiche readers for our patrons use. You can order your films at www.familysearch.org/films from the comfort of your living room. When the films are shipped you will receive notification of the shipment and when the film is at your local Family History Center to view.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have the following in our center:
4 Microfilm readers, 2 Micro-fiche readers, Wireless print capability using I-pads, I-phones and Android devices and Direct Scan of pictures to your Photo Library in your Family Search Tree account.
We can help you set up your own Family Search Tree account and show you how to use the new Memories and Family Search Tree apps for the apple and Android mobile devices. They are very powerful and extremely useful to capture your photos and stories of your family.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 20 October 2014, at 20:23.
- This page has been accessed 965 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More