Marion, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Marion is an extinct town, now an unorganized territory (township) in the East Central Washington townships of Washington County, Maine. The Town of Marion was organized from Plantation Number 13 ED in 1834. The town organization was surrendered in 1939, and has since been unorganized territory.  
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 164 (digital p. 173). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- ↑ "Marion" search in the "Maine Towns Legal Histories dates of incorporation, name and boundaries changes" section of Maine Archive Interactive (accessed 14 June 2013).
- ↑ Marion Township, Washington County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 14 June 2013).
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:06.
- This page has been accessed 913 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News