Mason, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Mason is an extinct town, now an unorganized territory (township) in the South Oxford townships of Oxford County, Maine. Mason was organized as a town from part of Batchelders Grant in 1843. In 1913 Mason annexed the remainder of the Fryeburg Academy Grant Plantation not already part of Stoneham. Mason's town status was surrendered in 1935, at which time it became unorganized territory.  
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 153. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 165 (digital p. 174). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- ↑ Legal History of Fryeburg Academy Plantation, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 5 November 2013).
- ↑ Mason, Oxford County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 5 November 2013).
- This page was last modified on 5 November 2013, at 23:51.
- This page has been accessed 225 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More