Massachusetts BiographyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The American Genealogical-Biographical Index (described in Massachusetts Genealogy) cites many references to biographies of Massachusetts residents. In addition, two comprehensive biographical encyclopedias are:
The American Historical Society. Encyclopedia of Massachusetts, Biographical-Genealogical. 13 vols. New York, NY: The American Historical Society, ca. 1916. FHL book 974.4 D3e and FHL fiche 6046891 The Family History Library has volumes 1–4, 6, and 10–13 only.}}
Eliot, Samuel Atkins. Biographical History of Massachusetts. 10 vols. Boston, Massachusetts: Massachusetts Biographical Society, 1911-18. FHL book 974.4 D3eL
Biographical sketches of many Plymouth Colony residents, including those who came on the Mayflower, are in:
Stratton, Eugene Aubrey. Plymouth Colony: Its History and People, 1620-1691. Salt Lake City, Utah: Ancestry, 1986. FHL book 974.4 H2s
See Massachusetts Genealogy for additional references to biographies and genealogies for Massachusetts ancestors.
- A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England Before 1692
- GeneaSearch - http://geneasearch.com/biography/states/massachusetts.htm
- Access Genealogy: Massachusetts Biographies
- U.S. Biographies Project: Massachusetts - http://www.rootsweb.com/~mabiog/
- Biographies and information on Mayflower passengers can be found at http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/Passengers/passengers.php
- This page was last modified on 19 June 2015, at 15:02.
- This page has been accessed 3,085 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News