McClanahan's Company, Virginia Horse ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in February 1863, and for a time served with the 62nd Regiment Mounted Rifles.
- The unit served under General Imboden's command, was active in northwestern Virginia, and took part in the Gettysburg Campaign. However, it was not engaged in the battle.
- Later it participated in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley and disbanded during the spring of 1865.
- This company totaled 142 effectives in June, 1863, and 104 in February, 1864.
- Captains were George W. Imboden and John H. McClanahan.
- also called Staunton Artillery
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 20:12.
- This page has been accessed 218 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More