Memphis Tennessee Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 8150 Walnut Grove Rd Cordova TN 38018 United States
- Entry is at the left back door at the back of building.
- Wednesday:10:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Closed 1st Saturday in April and October for General Conference:Memorial Day weekend (includes Sat and Mon):July4th:Labor Day weekend (includes Sat and Mon):Thanksgiving week:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Catalogs to microfilms, microfiche and books on indefinite loan in our center
- Pedigree Resource File: index and disks 1-100 (CDs)
- North America Vital Records (CDs)
- Western European Vital Records (CDs)
- 5 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- Microfilm/fiche copier (20 cents per page)
- Computer printer (5 cents per page)
- Paper copier (5 cents per page)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Tennessee Genealogical Society
Memphis Public Library, 3030 Poplar, Memphis, TN
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 20 October 2014, at 21:35.
- This page has been accessed 1,279 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More