Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Sinaloa, México.
This collection of Catholic Church parish records for Sinola covers the years 1671 to 1968. The text of the records is in Spanish.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968.|
Baptism or confirmation records may include the following:
- Place and date of the baptism or confirmation
- Given name
- Place and date of birth or age at baptism or confirmation
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents' names, sometimes their residence and/or place of birth
- Names of maternal and paternal grandparents
- Names' of godparents
Marriage records may include the following:
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of groom
- Names of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of bride
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes the parent’s place of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
Death records may include the following:
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal
- If married, may give the name of the spouse
- Whether principal left progeny
How to Use the Record
Search the Collection
To browse the collection by image:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following resources:
- Mexico Language and Languages
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
|FHL Place Mexico, Sinaloa items or FHL Keyword Mexico, Sinaloa items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Mexico Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
- Mexico Church Records
- Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information; that is, cite your sources. This will help people find the record again and evaluate the reliability of the source. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records. Citations are available for the collection as a whole and each record or image individually.
- "México, Sinaloa, registros parroquiales, 1671-1968." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Parroquias de la Iglesia Católica, Sinaloa [Catholic Church parishes, Sinaloa].
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968.|
- This page was last modified on 16 September 2015, at 03:33.
- This page has been accessed 6,677 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News