Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Sinaloa, México.
This collection of Catholic Church parish records for the State of Sinola, Mexico covers the years from 1671-1968. The text of the records is in Spanish.
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Important information found in Catholic Church baptismal records includes:
- Place and date of the baptism
- Given name
- Place and date of birth or age at baptism
- If legitimate or illegitimate
- Parents' names, sometimes their residence and/or place of birth
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names' of godparents
Important information found in Catholic Church marriage records includes:
- Place and date of the marriage
- Name of the groom
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of groom
- Names of the groom’s parents
- Name of the bride
- Age, place of birth, and/or residence of bride
- Names of the bride’s parents
- Sometimes the parent’s place of origin and/or civil status
- Names of witnesses
Important information found in Catholic Church burial records includes:
- Place and date of the burial
- Burial place
- Name of the principal
- Place and date of birth or age at time of death
- Cause of death
- Residence of the deceased
- Place of death
- Civil status of the principal
- If married, may give the name of the spouse
- Whether principal left progeny
Important information found in Catholic Church confirmation records includes:
- Date and place of confirmation
- Name of person being confirmed
- Parents’ or godparents’ names
How to Use the Record
Search the Collection Image by Image
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the “Show Citation” box: Mexico, Sinaloa, Catholic Church Records, 1671-1968
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Diocese of Culiacan, Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico. Registros parroquiales, 1667-1968. Original records also housed in various local parish archives throughout the State of Sinaloa.
Digital images of original records housed at various Catholic Church parish archive repositories throughout the Satte of Sinaloa, Mexico.
- This page was last modified on 13 March 2014, at 16:10.
- This page has been accessed 3,718 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback