Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Paroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Tabasco, México
This collection of church records for the State of Tabasco covers the years 1803 to 1970. The text of the records is in Spanish.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970.|
Baptism or confirmation records may contain the following:
- Date and place of baptism or confirmation
- Child's name and gender
- Child's date and place of birth
- Parents' names
- Paternal and maternal grandparents
- Before 1820, social class of the parents
Marriage records may contain the following:
- Date and place of marriage
- Names of the bride and groom
- Groom's date and place of birth
- Groom's baptismal date and place
- Groom's confirmation date and place
- Names of the groom's parents
- Bride's date and place of birth
- Bride's baptismal date and place
- Bride's confirmation date and place
- Names of bride's parents
- Names of the witnesses
Death records may contain the following:
- Name of deceased
- Age and origin of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Cause of death
- Spouse's name, if married
- Sometimes, burial information
How to Use the Record
Search the Collection
To browse the collection by image:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following resources:
- Mexico Language and Languages
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
Related Wiki Articles
- Mexico Church Records
- Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation For This Collection
|The citation for an image is available on each image in this collection by clicking Show Citation at the bottom left of the image screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970.|
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Mexico, Tabasco, Catholic Church Records, 1803-1970" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Catholic Church parishes, Tabasco.
- This page was last modified on 2 July 2014, at 19:26.
- This page has been accessed 3,216 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback