Missoula Montana Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Missoula Montana Family History Center located in the mountain valley of Missoula, Montana, in western Montana services all of Missoula County and shares this duty with the smaller FHC at Sealey Lake, Montana.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3201 Bancroft St Missoula Montana 59801-8641 United States
- The Center is located on the South side of the building off of Bancroft.
- Parking is just in front of the side entrance door.
- If the door is locked there is a door bell on the right side of the door to alert the Librarians of your presence.
- Tuesdays:10:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday and Thursday evenings:open by appointment only
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Staff get-to-know-you get-together scheduled for 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, 20 June 2015, at the Missoula Stake Center at 3201 Bancroft Ave, Missoula, Montana.
You probably have heard that we (Cary and Colleen Holmquist) have been called as the Missoula Family History Center co-directors, replacing Gene and Carole Kammerman.
We would like to invite everyone on the staff and volunteering at the FHC to a get-togther to get-to-know-you at 10 a.m. in the Missoula Stake Center multi-purpose room (next to the kitchen) on Saturday, 20 June. We're choosing that hour so it won't be too early for a weekend day and yet be finished in time for most of the weekend to remain available. We were thinking of meeting and then taking an early lunch break--we'll bring subway sandwich and everyone bring pot luck favorite lunch sides like chips or salad or dessert and beverage.
We have heard that we need to discuss 2015 summer hours and scheduling. We would also like to discuss goals for the FHC, concerns you may have for the center, how to attract more people to the center and its resources and so forth. We might have a little bit for training as well. Please let us know if you have something specific for discussion or training that we might include--or consider for future meetings.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
The Center has:
- 5 computers
- 4 printers
- a copier/scanner
- 2 film readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
'We have approximately 800 films on permanent loan from the Family History Library. Come in and check them out.
Missoula is the name of both the county and the city, which is also the county seat, Missoula. The city is also know as the "5 Valleys' as it has five entrances that help form the large valley.
FamilySearch Wiki for Missoula, Missoula County, Montana
FamilySearch has materials about the local and state areas in its state page Montana
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers to help staff the Center. See our hours on this site and call us at 626-0730. A little computer knowledge is helpful. Training will be provided.
- This page was last modified on 8 September 2015, at 20:46.
- This page has been accessed 1,674 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News