Missouri Bible RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Bible records are a valuable source of information. Names and dates of events were often kept in the Family Bible. Locating the Family Bible can be a challenge because it was often passed down to succeeding family members. However, some collections have been created and are kept in local Universities, genealogical and historical societies or libraries.
- The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Collection contains some volumes of Missouri Bible records. (See Missouri Compiled Genealogies). It is partially indexed in E. Kay Kirkham, An Index to Some of the Bibles and Family Records of the United States,Volume 2 (Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1984) At various libraries (WorldCat), FHL fiche 6089184, book 973 D22kk v.2.
- Ellsbery, Elizabeth Prather, Bible Records of Missouri,8 vols. (Chillicothe, Missouri: E. P. Ellsberry, [1963-65]) At various libraries (WorldCat), FHL film 873910, fiche 6051119, book 977.8 V29e. 3 additional volumes published in 1968 are in FHL films 873911 items 4-5 and 851115 item 18, book 977.8 V29L
- Some Bible records are also found in genealogical periodicals. The Periodical Source Index (PERSI) may assist in locating periodicals.
- This page was last modified on 12 July 2015, at 17:08.
- This page has been accessed 3,489 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News