Montrose Colorado Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1521 S Hillcrest Drive, Montrose, Colorado 81401
- Entrance located at the Southeast side (back) of building.
WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST
SEE YOU SEPTEMBER 1, 2015
- Tuesday: 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 1:00pm and 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
- And BY APPOINTMENT
- Holiday Schedule: Closed for Independence Day - June 29 to July 6 Closed for Thanksgiving - November 23 to November 28, 2015 Closed for Christmas - December 21 to December 26, 2015 Closed for New Year's - December 28, 2015, to January 2, 2016
- WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST
- Languages: English and Spanish, by appointment.
Calendar and Events
5-MINUTE FAMILY HISTORY LESSONS
THESE LESSONS CAN BE FOUND IN TWO WAYS:
Click on the link for each lesson below or click on familysearch.org/learningcenter/home.html then scroll down to Beginning Genealogy Courses.
July 7 - Episode #17:- Get Help In-Person
July 13 - Episode #18 - Get Help From Others Researcing the Same Name
July 20 - Episode #19 -I Want to Interview a Living Relative
July 27 - Episode #20 -I Want to Learn More About Sourcing
August 3 - Episode #21 -Indexing, I Want to Help
LESSONS STARTING AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER
PREMIUM WEBSITES includes the following:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archives
- Access Newspaper Archives
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War:Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images, Photographs, Posters and Ephemera
- Ancestry. Com
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Genline Familyfinder
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- Six computers with a printer
- One microfilm reader
- One microfiche reader
- One scanner which patrons may use to digitize documents and pictures while honoring all copyright laws set forth by the United States government.
Staff Research Specialties
We are experienced genealogists and trained family history consultants who will help you search for your ancestors, fix Family Search issues, and show you how to take your names to the Temple.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for volunteers to help staff our center. We welcome all enthusiastic family historians, regardless of experience or expertise. Even if you have no prior experience as a consultant, we can pair you with experienced consultants until you feel comfortable and trained in the consultant role.
- This page was last modified on 29 July 2015, at 15:56.
- This page has been accessed 4,101 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News