Moulton, LincolnshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MOULTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Spalding, wapentake of Elloe, parts of Holland, county of Lincoln, 4 miles (W.) from Holbeach. The Wesleyans, and Methodists of the New Connexion, have places of worship.
Moulton All Saints is an Ancient Parish and the church is often referred to locally as "The Queen of the Fens". It includes the hamlets of Austindyke, Eaugate and Seasend.
The church was built in the 12th-13th century and in 1722 the unusual octagonal chapel of ease at Moulton Chapel was built within the parish. See Moulton Chapel, Lincolnshire
This parish was in the Moulton sub-district of Spalding registration district Search registration district
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
The digitisation of parish records for the county now offers images via the Lincs to the past website (July 2011). Use advanced search terms at Search Lincs to the past to search for available images for parish registers and other records for this parish with images. Advance search terms Moulton Par 1 will identify available images.
Material deposited at Lincolnshire Archives, St Rumbold Street,Lincoln,Lincolnshire,LN2 5AB
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org The website enables you to view a PDF file for all records held for each parish as part of continuing efforts to provide an online catalogue.
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Moulton
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438753. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lincolnshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 27 September 2013, at 01:43.
- This page has been accessed 883 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More