Mutford, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland PLU|
|Parish registers: 1681|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
MUTFORD (St. Andrew), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 3½ miles (E. S. E.) from Beccles. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Mutford, St Andrew is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich and the county of Suffolk.
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to Mutford and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalog for available records.
Mutford, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Mutford, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
| This section requires expansion with:
Information about parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, parish chest records, non conformist and other types of church records. Also add links to online parish collections. Make reference to records found in the FamilySearch Catalog. To locate resources, look at Suffolk Parishes in the FamilySearch Catalogue.
There are census records available for Mutford from 1841 to 1911. Census records are available on a variety of subscription and other websites. If you need to consult the 1841 to 1891 census on microfilm, refer to Mutford Censusin the catalogue.
There is statistical data available for the census years 1801 to 1931 that records the number of houses, families, people, and other statistical data for every parish in Suffolk.
Refer to the Suffolk Census wiki article for details about the Census.
Poor Law Unions
- 1674 - Mutford 1674 Hearth Tax at Google Books - free.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 359-362. Date accessed: 02 October 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:41.
- This page has been accessed 2,715 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More